We at Brødrene Sperre are concerned about the escalating impact of the coronavirus globally, and we would like to reassure you that we have implemented preventive measures in our organization to mitigate the risk of attracting and spreading this virus.
Summary of our contingency plan:
- In response to the coronavirus situation, we have decided to temporarily concentrate our operational activities to only two of our six production facilities in the Alesund region of Norway. We believe this is the correct decision facing these unprecedented uncertainties because:
- By concentrating operational activities, we are minimizing the risk of contamination of our staff, hence ensuring our ability to serve our main customers. There are no changes in processes or services outsourced to other suppliers and partners.
- Concentrating operational activities also implies that we have factories and workers on standby, ensuring flexibility. If one of our employees should be infected, we can quickly isolate workers and quarantine this facility, while at the same time effectively start up a new production at a standby facility – with low impacts on produced quantity.
- We have enough raw materials and finished products to meet our contractual obligations.
In order to prevent spreading the coronavirus at our facilities, and to ensure the safety of both packaged and unpackaged products, we have taken the following preventive actions:
- All employees who have been travelling outside of Norway later than 27th February is placed in home quarantine for at least 14 days in accordance with guidelines implemented by Norwegian authorities. Employees are asked to refrain from scheduling new travels any time soon.
- Employees who can work from home are encouraged to do so.
- We have put even more emphasis on maintaining excellent hygiene. Employees are constantly encouraged to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 40 seconds and to use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Furthermore, employees are advised to cover their mouth and nose while coughing. We also have an extra focus on cleanliness in general.
- Visitors are not invited to our office or production facilities. Drivers picking up goods are not allowed to enter our offices; documents are delivered directly to the truck.
- Employees feeling sick or unwell are not allowed to come to work.
- Social distancing: Employees are advised to keep a safe distance of at least 1 meter from others whenever possible. We have implemented rolling breaks to reduce the amount of people using wardrobes or the canteen simultaneously.
- We always have a strong focus on keeping our facilities clean and not exposing the fish for any potential sources of contamination.
Lastly, we would like to explicitly state that we are constantly monitoring and acting in accordance with advice from Norwegian authorities concerning the coronavirus. For more information about other general measures implemented in the Norwegian society, please refer to FHI.no